The resources included in our Timely Toolkits are designed to support autistic individuals, their caregivers, and related professionals as they navigate through specific global and/or local events that may disrupt or impact routines. Self-advocates, caregivers, or professionals have generally requested the development or adaptation of these resources in response to an event or pressing need from the autism community, and translations/cultural adaptations are encouraged with permission to ensure broad usage. The resources are intended to be a toolkit of ideas that may be helpful— users may take one idea at a time and determine what is most beneficial. Consider selecting a strategy used in the past, or perhaps find a tool to address the issue that is creating the most immediate stress. Involving the autistic individual in the decision-making process about what tools would be most helpful is recommended.
- Supporting Individuals with Autism through Uncertain Times
- Supporting Adults with Autism through Uncertain Times: Companion Guide
- Supporting Online Learning for Students with Autism
- Resources for Autistic Individuals and their Families Impacted by War and Displacement
- Talking About Gun Violence with Autistic Individuals